Tips for shooting an interview
YOUR SUBJECT: THE INTERVIEWEE
– Make sure your interviewee feels relaxed.
– Don’t ask yes/no questions – be curious and open about what they have to say.
– Keep eye contact with the interviewee, so they focus on you.
– Keep the camera rolling after the “official” interview is over. Often times the interviewee will then be more relaxed and more open.
– Shoot b-roll of the both of you nodding and smiling. Say things like “Ok. Yes. That’s nice.” while you are doing this. This will give you facial expressions that you can use while editing.Read More